Sunday, January 31, 2010

january update

I want to say, first of all, how wonderful it has been to be a part of this One Small Change project. I am delighted to see how many people are involved and wonder how many more are inspired to think a little deeper about the choices they make. We have been moving towards a more sustainable way of life for a while now. Being a part of something so big has made it that much more meaningful to us.

Now, on to the update...


I ended up making six prefolds and they turned out pretty well considering my newly acquired sewing skills. A friend gave me six more prefolds that she wasn't using, so that makes twelve and with those we are able to keep Iris in cloth diapers during the day.
Here is most of my stash:


She is taking to her new diapers very well.

Although, I don't know how long we will need them because this is a sight we are seeing more and more of lately...


We are still using a disposable at night as well as disposable wipes. I am not as far along as I had hoped to be by the end of the month, but we have had some challenges to overcome this month and in the interest of being kind and forgiving with myself and our circumstances I will accept where we are and move forward with more determination, without guilt or recrimination.

I will be back in a day or two to share our change for February. We have had a lot of ideas and it's been a challenge in itself to figure out what the next step should be. More soon...

1 comment: